Sobrang trending ngayon ng Best Nine in Instagram – an Instagram post which combines your most liked posts in 2015. It was cool, nakakatuwa magthrowback but the thing is, hindi ikaw ang pumili ng best 9 mo kung hindi yung mga taong nakakita ng mga posts mo.
So before this year ends, if I am going to make my own best nine for the year 2015, here it is:
- My 2 year-old pamangkin: “Isay”
- Expectation: Just a normal time spent with her
- Reality: Those times na biglaang magbibigay saken si Lord ng revelations through her na nagamit ko everytime I will exhort in front of people. Truths about Him, being my Father and the true meaning of having a relationship with Him. Through Isay, ang dami kong moments na … “Oo nga no, ganito ka pala saken God.” (Buti na lang bata ka pa Isay at di mo napapansin ang tulala moments ko)
- College Graduation
- Expectation: Makapagtapos ng on time, walang bagsak at hindi uulit ng subject
- Reality: God gave me more than what I expected. This year ko talaga narealized na ang liit ng pangarap ko sa sarili ko kumpara sa plano na meron si God sa buhay ko. (Narebuke ako, pre)
- Young Pro/Working Season
- Expectation: Makapagtrabaho sa ibang company except in the ministry, magwork kahit di katulad ng natapos ko basta computer related.
- Reality: God opened the door for me to work in the ministry or church where I belong plus… sa course talaga na natapos ko. (Look at that! Sobrang opposite ng gusto ko!)
- Ushering Ministry
- Expectation: To stay in the team for more than a year, leading them and raising up new leaders from them
- Reality: After 8 months, God brought me to another place. From Worship Service Coordinator and now to Ushering Ministry Coordinator. (God, yung totoo?)
- Expectation: Dahil tahimik at mahiyain ako, ganito na ko lalaki at mamatay – yan sabe ko nung wala pa kong Jesus sa buhay ko.
- Reality: This year, God gave me the opportunity to exhort and speak in front of not just 1 person but 900+ young people through transition. (yung mga ways at plans mo rin no, Lord, minsan nakakaano e….)
- Trainings and Equippings
- Foundation for Victory (now Purple Book Class), Speakers Training, Leadership 412, Mentoring, Impartations, etc… Simple seminars and trainings that really molded me and helped me in my walk with Him.
- Week One Team
- Faith Goal: Unity and Deeper relationship in the team – like a family. And seeing now, sila na makakapagsabe.
- Faith Goal: 2 out of towns this year and it happened in this place!
- Faith Goal: Brothers with Depth and Shared Lives and they became the answer.
As I look back to these 2015 moments, if I will describe this year through bible verse(s), I will say its…
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
-Isaiah 55:8-9 (ESV)
Are you thankful na si God, most of the time, hindi Niya inaanswer lahat yung prayers natin? Because may iba Syang plano, may mas maganda Syang plano, plano na mas matindi pa sa prayers mo.
Looking back, what if sinagot ni God yung prayers ko nung college ako pati nung naghahanap ako ng trabaho, I can’t even imagine myself na nagsettle pala ako sa less, e may nakaplano pala saken si God na best.
Hindi lang best. According to His will, plans, purposes and promises pa!
Friends, I know that this year, God exceeded your prayers and expectations. And I believe, as we face another year… God will still do it and even beyond what we can imagine.
10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
-Isaiah 55:10-11 (ESV)
Ano pa ang mga bagay na pinaniniwalaan mo kay God? Patuloy kang maniwala. Maniwala na may maganda Syang plano sa buhay mo. At ginagawa Nya ang makakabuti para Sayo.
Sa gitna ng mga nangyari, sobrang grateful ng heart ko. Kasi kahit nung una, di ko sya naintindihan kung baket, pero habang patuloy ka lang nagtitiwala at naglalakad kung saan ka Nya dinala, konti konti Nyang sasabihin sayo ang rason. At kung hindi man, sapat nang malaman na kasama mo Siya.
12 “For you shall go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the LORD,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”
-Isaiah 55:12-13 (ESV)
At kapag nasa gitna ka na ng promise at plano ni God, sobrang natural nung joy at ng peace. Buti na lang talaga, si God ang nasusunod sa ating buhay! Alam na alam Nya ang bawat detalye nito.
At kung nagtatanong ka kung bakit mas gusto Nyang magtake place yung promises Nya sa buhay mo, yung verse 13 na yung nagsabe nito…
“It shall MAKE A NAME FOR THE LORD”
Yes, magsisimula at magtatapos palagi sa Kanya. Yung moment lang na wala ka talagang maipagmamayabang kasi hindi mo naman plano ang lahat, pero plano Nya. Lahat ng mangyayari sa buhay mo, magbibigay yun ng papuri at pasasalamat sa Kanya. Hindi Niya binago yung promises Nya based sa prayers mo pero yung prayers mo, inadjust Nya kung gaano kalaki yung plano at promise Nya sa buhay mo.
Great are you, Lord! Thank you for Your faithfulness this year 2015! We are so much excited for the things that You will do for, in and through us next year!
And to you, I’m happy that you finished strong this year and #DareToBelieve that God has in store great things for you this coming 2016.
Happy New Year everyone!